CWCTC requires that students enrolled attend school regularly in accordance with state law. The educational program provided by the school is predicated on the student’s regular attendance. CWCTC administrators and teachers recognize that there may be reasons that a student may not be present at certain times. For example, these may be reasonable causes that a student is absent from a daily class:
- A physician’s written determination that the student is unable to attend school
- Death in the immediate family
- Impassable roads
- Observance of a bona fide religious holiday/holy day
- Required court appearances
- Parenting responsibilities when CWCTC administrators concur that this is a necessity
A parent/guardian absence note should include (1) the date of the student absence(s), (2) the reason for the student absence, and (3) the signature of the parent/guardian. The parent/guardian signature must be the same as the parent/guardian name on the student’s emergency information.